CheapFlighTicket respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal details. In this Data Protection Policy, we assess and safeguard your personal details when you access our website or contact us via a telephone, and obtain the information regarding your privacy rights and how the law of UK protects you under the Data Protection policy.
Being in a layered format, you can re-route to the different areas listed below within the policy with just a click. For an enhanced understanding of the terms used in the data protection policy document, please visit the Glossary present in the end.
- Who we are?
- How is your personal data gathered?
- How do we use your personal details?
- Disclosures of your personal data
- Disclosures of your personal data
- International transfers
- Data retention
- Data security
- Your legal rights
1. WHO WE ARE
Purpose of this Privacy Notice
Yo get updated information about our process of collecting and utilizing your personal data via this data protection policy present on our website, including the data offered to make a reservation or subscribe to our newsletter. Also, when you contact us through our telephone number, it collects your personal data. We provide our services and let our services avail to only those customers who are above the age of 16 years. Deliberately, we do not gather information about children, except crucial details necessary to finalize a booking made by an adult. It is highly recommended to read this document along with other fare processing notice on certain occasions very carefully when accessing our website to make a booking. This way we keep you aware of how we make use of your personal information collected.
All the personal details you input on our website is controlled by CheapFlighTicket. The terms “we”, “our” and “us” is referred to our company which is registered under the number 13521496 in England and Wales. This company mentioned herein the United Kingdom is responsible for the data controller and this website. In case you have any questions related to this data protection policy, including any request to practise your legal rights, please contact us on the information mentioned below.
Full name of legal entity: CheapFlighTicket
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: 63-66
Fifth Floor, Suite 23,
Telephone number: 0204 529 2300
If you have any issue regarding our usage of your personal details, you can send a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the United Kingdom supervisory authority answerable to safeguard and manage the details, and address them prior you contact the ICO. So, in case you have any query, please contact us first.
Ensure that you go through the data protection policy document every once in a while; this way you keep yourself aware of the latest updates in the policy. The personal details you input while booking should be accurate as we gather the same details to complete the process and offer our services. If there is any change in your personal data, please let us know before the completion of your booking.
CheapFlighTicket website has some third-party applications, website links and a few plug-ins. Visiting the connected sites or clicking any of these links permit third-party sites to collect and share your personal data. We have no control over these third-party websites and we are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our site, it is advisory to read the data protection policy again on your next visit.
Data We Collect About Our Customers
Personal information comprises any data about an individual with which we, as a service provider, could recognize that individual. In case it has been removed, it will not comprise the identification information, hence anonymous data. We collect, save, utilize and transfer personal details which have been grouped as follows:
- Contact Data consists of details comprising your billing address, email address, delivery address and contact number.
- Identity Data consists of last name, middle name, first name, a username along with a title, passport number, gender, marital status and date of birth. To attain all this information together, we may require a copy of your passport.
- Transaction Data includes every payment detail along with other crucial information about the services purchased from us, CheapFlighTicket.
- Financial Data consists of bank account and payment card details. All payments are done through WorldPay and we are not authorized to retrieve your financial information from that data.
- Profile Data consists of username and passport, interests, preferences, survey responses and feedback.
- Technical Data consists of IP address, login data, browser type along with its version, time zone setting, operating system, location and other technologies on various devices used by you to access this site.
- Usage Data consists of details about the way you use our website and services.
- Communications and Marketing Data consists of information regarding your communication and receiving marketing preferences.
- Aggregated Data consists of statistical and demographic information for marketing and other purposes. We collect, utilize and share this data which is usually obtained from your information which is not taken as personal data as per the law as it does not reveal your identity. For instance, we may have Usage Data and from that, we are capable of measuring the total percentage of visitors using this site’s feature. But, if we add aggregated with personal data and try to identify you, then it will be called the combined data consisting of your personal information which will be utilized in this data protection notice.
- Special Categories of Personal Data lets us collect important details to offer you services which you purchase with us. This set of services comprise of relevant information related to your health, dietary requirements and special medical support (e.g. oxygen or wheelchairs). Plus, we may also require a clearance notice from your personal doctor to travel with your medical situation, including pregnancy for over 28 weeks. Apart from that, we do not gather any information regarding your race or ethnicity, religion, sexual life, orientation, political opinions, etc.
If you Fail to Share your Personal Data with us
As per the law, in case we are bound to gather your personal information to complete your request of booking and due to any reason, you are not able to provide the same, we will not be answerable for no booking done or inability to offer our services for your requested booking. Although, we will let you know about the particular case of your request cancellation by us.
2. HOW IS PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use various methods to collect your data.
- While filling the forms with us through phone, post or email, you provide us with your contact details, full name and financial information; this is called collecting data via direct interaction.
- Creating your account on our websit;.
- Availing services through us;
- Subscribing or signing up with us;
- Requesting for marketing e-mailers; or
- Giving us relevant feedback
We provide the details regarding your travel requirements and arrangements with the third-party service suppliers. This is required to co-ordinate with flights that are reserved directly with the air carrier.
While using our CheapFlighTicket website, we gather your Technical Data, which includes your browsing device, site actions and patterns, through cookies and alike technologies which are accessible in our Cookies Policy. We also get your technical information when you access other websites using our cookies.
Third-party or Publicly Available Sources
We obtain your personal information from third-party travel service suppliers in the ways mentioned below:
- Technical Data:
- Transaction, Financial and Contact information from delivery and payment services such as WorldPay.
- If you are booking on behalf of someone else with us, CheapFlighTicket, we will need your travel requirements with personal details of everyone who is travelling with you and whose booking is made through us. Make sure you have everyone’s consent before sharing their personal details and travel preferences with us. In case, they want their data to be modified or deleted from our servers, they can directly call us or else their information will be accessible through only your account.
a) analytics [such as Google];
b) advertising networks; and
c) search information suppliers
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
According to the law, we are allowed to access and process your personal data. Although, we utilize your personal details only when the law permits us to do. In the below-listed circumstances, we use your details:
Performance of Contract
The performance of contract states that your information to perform and deliver your service, we take steps to complete your request prior to entering into such a contract. Adhering to any legal regulation or obligation intends at processing your personal details, if necessary.
We do not depend on an authorization, except on a legal basis, to process your personal data other than sending you third-party direct marketing links through e-mails. In case, you do not want to receive, you should withdraw the consent to market by contacting us on the mentioned details.
The term explains our interest in managing and conducting our business which enables us to provide you with impressive service and secure experience. We balance any potential impact on you as well as your rights before utilizing and processing your personal details. However, we ensure that your personal information is not used for our interests that are overruled by the impact on you (unless we have your consent). You have the authority to gather further information on how we assess our legitimate interests against any influence on you in respect of particular activities by contacting us.
There are several ways we plan to make use of your personal information. In this table listed-below, our legitimate interests are listed as per your details. We may utilize your personal details apart from legal/lawful grounds as well which depends on the data usage’s purpose.
Type of data
Lawful basis for data processing including legitimate interest
New customer registration
Complete the requested services with you
To complete your travel booking including:
Managing payments, fees and charges
Providing you with data like status updates about the service you have booked through us.
Sharing booking information with suppliers so that they can fulfil your booking.
Collecting any payments that you owe us.
(e) Marketing and Communications
(a) Complete the requested services
(b) Necessary for legitimate interests or to recover due payments
Customer relationship management including:
(b) Asking you to write a service review
(d) Marketing and Communications
(a) Complete the requested services
(b) Necessary to comply with but under a legal obligation
(c) Necessary under legitimate interests to keep our data updated and insights on how customers use our services.
To protect our business or the website (which includes troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, data hosting)
(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests to run our business, network security, fraud prevention
(b) Necessary to comply with under a legal obligation
Deliver website content and advertisements to customers and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the served advertisement
(e) Marketing and Communications
Necessary for legitimate interests to know how the customers use our services, to grow the business and to enhance our marketing strategy
Use data analytics to improve our website, services, marketing, customer relationships
Necessary for legitimate interests to define types of customers, to keep the website updated and relevant, business development
Suggestions and recommendations about services of your interest
Necessary for our legitimate interests to develop our services and business growth
We offer you the options in accordance with personal information uses, particularly for marketing and advertising. CheapFlighTicket lets you take an informed decision as to what marketing material you should receive from us or whether you want to withdraw from receiving it.
Promotional Offers From Us
We use your full name, website usage, contact details and profile information to form a view and figure out what you want, require or have an interest in. With the help of this crucial information, we decide the services and offers that may be important and relevant for you. When you ask for certain details from us regarding the booked travel arrangements, we send you marketing communications on the information you have shared with us. In such cases, you have accepted receiving our marketing updates through e-mails.
For third-party marketing, we share your personal details with any outside company for any purpose only when we get an opt-in permit.
In case you do not want to receive our updated e-mails, contact us or the third-party service suppliers to withdraw by logging into the site and modifying your marketing preferences. Note that, if you opt-out of receiving our marketing e-mailers, we will still be able to gather your personal information when you make a booking or make any transaction using our site.
Change of Purpose
We make use of your personal details for the reasons we genuinely consider that we need it or for reasons similar to the original purposes. If you want any kind of explanation in accordance with the process for another purpose, please contact us.
When we use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will let you know.
4. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may provide your personal details with the third-parties mentioned below for some important reasons:
- Internal Third Parties: Firms/Companies acting as joint controllers with CheapFlighTicket or to offer IT and system administration services or undertake leadership reporting.
- External Third Parties
- Companies offering travel services including hotels, airlines and similar businesses to complete the request of your booking.
- Service providers or data processors based out in the European Economic Area (EEA) located in the UK.
- Companies or parties to whom we sell, transfer, share or merge our assets or our business. We may obtain other businesses or merge with them and provide your details with their employees.
Every third-party linked or collaborated with us respect the security of your personal details and treat it under the law as mentioned under this data protection policy. We do not allow third-party travel service providers to use your personal data for another purpose except the one mentioned under our instructions.
5. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Your personal details are shared within our company, CheapFlighTicket. This comprises of transferring your information outside the EEA.
We make sure your personal data is protected and follow the same procedure and take similar steps while processing your personal details. They are known as “binding corporate rules”. Go through the European Commission for more information.
Our external third parties including airlines and hotels are based outside the EEA. They process your personal information and transfer it outside the EEA. In case we provide your data out of the EEA, we ensure that the same level of protection is provided and makes sure that the following protections are executed:
- Transferring your personal details to countries chosen to provide a higher level of protection for information by the European Commission.
- Transferring your personal details to travel service providers that are approved by the European Commission. Under this set of data protection policy document, you will get the exact level of safeguarding as it is given in Europe. For any further information on the same: go through the European Commission: the model used for providing personal information to third-party countries.
- Transferring your personal details to the United States’ travel service providers but only if they are connected with the Privacy Shield. If yes, they provide the same level of safeguarding to personal data shared amid Europe and the U.S.
In certain circumstances, we assume that the transferring of personal information is mandatory for our contract between you and us. For instance, if a booking is made from our end through a service supplier outside the EEA or with your permission, which we inform you about the situation. In case, you need any other detail regarding any of our particular way we transfer your details out of the EEA, you can contact us and ask your query.
6. DATA SECURITY
We have sufficient security measures helping in intercepting your personal data from being accidentally accessed or used in an unethical way. We limit our employees and third parties connected with us from accessing and using your personal details by any means. If they actually require your personal data, they utilize it on our instructions and are liable to a duty of confidentiality under this policy. We practise various procedures to deal with breach of the suspected data and notify you in case of any such activity.
7. DATA RETENTION
We keep your personal data intact with us in our servers for as long as we may require. It is done to offer you services you asked for, including any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. To know the exact time period of retaining your personal details, the potential risk of affecting due to unethical usage is contemplated as the deciding factor for the revelation of your personal data. When you book with us, our previously stored data of your personal details help us provide you better service. According to the law, we are impelled to keep your personal details for only 6 years. Once that time period is over, you as a customer can cease your data; this is wholly done for tax purposes. If you do not book with us again in future for more than six years, we will delete your data from our database.
Under some situations, you have the right to ask us to remove your personal data from our servers. There are instances where we can make use of your data anonymously for research and statistical purposes. In such situations, we may not inform you before using your personal details.
8. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under some data protection policies related to your personal information, you have some rights which are as follows:
- Ask to access your personal details (known as ‘data subject access request’). In this policy, you get a copy of your personal details we hold and make sure whether we are using and processing it ethically according to the data protection laws.
- Ask us to correct or modify your personal information. In this policy, you have the complete right to ask us to correct any incomplete or inaccurate set of information. We will validate the accuracy of new details and then, will do the needful.
- Request to remove your personal details from our database. You need no reason to get it done and ask us to stop processing it.
Note that, if we are unable to act in line with your personal details deletion request due to some legal reasons, we will inform you, and if possible, at the time of the request made.
While accessing your personal details, we rely on a genuine interest and your particular circumstance under which you questioned the processing. This objection ought to have the ground that it might impact on your freedom or fundamental right. If you have issues regarding direct marketing, your right to object is also acceptable. In similar situations, we may show that we have lawful grounds to process your data.
In addition, you may restrict the processing of your personal information. According to the following reasons, you may request us, CheapFlighTicket, to stop the processing of your personal information: (a) to attain the data’s accuracy; (b) illegal use of the personal information; (c) to hold the information even if we no longer require it, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have an objection for the use of your personal data but we need to verify on legitimate grounds to use it. It is completely your choice to opt-out from your consent any time to go forward with your personal details. However, it will not harm the authority of any processing carried out prior to your withdrawal. Your decision of withdrawing may result in an inability to offer particular services to you. We will let you know about the same at the time of withdrawing. In case you still want to go ahead and use any of your rights stated above, feel free to contact us.
WHAT WE MAY NEED FROM YOU
To confirm your identity and make sure that you hold the right to access your personal information or rights, we ask or request you for a particular set of details. It is a security measure to ensure personal details are not disclosed to any individual having no legal rights on it. We may contact you to request further necessary details if needed, related to your request to speed up the process.
TIME LIMIT TO RESPOND
We revert to all the authorized requests within a time period of a month from where the travel request has been initiated. However, in certain situations, it may take over a month to respond if your request is complex or in case of multiple requests. You will be notified every now and then in such cases.
Best Price Guarantee
A no-questions-asked refund guarantee on the identical itinerary
Safe & Secure Payment
We are protecting all your sensitive details with our secure gateway.
Our customer service team is always available to help you with your bookings.
We browse through 475+ airlines and bring you great offers & deals for budgeted travels.